Friday, February 12, 2010

The 1st Battle…

Ok so now back to the story which I realize now that ive been neglecting to finish, lol the days and times hehe.

So as [Dv]8 we were together for a total of 2 months and we played around 3 or 4 shows my memory is a little bit shoddy you'll have to excuse me on the details, when our high school decides they will host a battle of the bands, to be judged by big PE band BGF (BestGoFight). Wow what an experience this could prove to be.

Now our measly 2months was going to prove to be tough to compete against New Noise (at the time I think they were together around 8months to a year I could be wrong) and Circus (really professional and been jamming around 2 years together) so yes this seemed daunting enough, and then to also be the "heaviest" out of all the bands performing is never a good thing at these sort of competitions L

So we practiced our asses off till gig night and we went on 1st or 2nd not too sure but the crowd loved us and all in all had an amazing gig, one of my most memorable onesJ.

After a nail biting wait for judges (Devon, Nick, Sean, Chris and Juan) to make a decision on a winner they decide to break it down further into categories (just adding to tension):

  • Best Drums – which I believe was Dean "Porp" Simpson of Circus
  • Best Bass – I really can't remember L
  • Best Guitar – could well have been one of the Circus guitarists Matt De Lange or Matthew Potts not sure yet again L
  • Best Vocals – I couldn't believe but it was me J I recall getting carried onto the stage by the ppl in the crowd and losing a shoe in the process WOW BLISS J

And last but not least the most important announcement of all the winning band….

*Drum Roll*

[Dv]8! Yes after 2 months of jamming the judges thought we put on a good enough show to clinch it, music was tight and crowd appreciation was outstanding!

Victory!

No comments:

Cloud Computing and Cloud Hosting by Rackspace
Cloud Computing and Cloud Hosting by Rackspace
 

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com